We are a relaxed, family-run site with no marked out camping pitches. We are passionate about creating a friendly atmosphere on site and will do everything we can to ensure you have a fantastic stay. We are always here to talk through any concerns you have. We hope you have a very enjoyable stay at Throop Hollow Farm. Please take a moment to read our site rules. These are to ensure that everyone has a great time staying with us, and to help keep everyone safe
- Deposits are set at 15% with the remaining balance due 14 days before arrival. Where bookings are made within 14 days of arrival the whole balance is paid upon booking.
- At least one member of the party must be aged 18 or over. Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians, or by a supervising adult. No hen or stag parties are permitted.
- To ensure the best experience for all, we ask all visitors to comply with our Terms and Conditions. If you do not comply you may be asked to leave the site, with no refund offered.
- The use of threatening behaviour and/or foul and abusive language will not be tolerated and will result in the offender being asked to leave the site by a member of the site team.
- Dogs are welcome as part of your booking but must be always kept under control, for the safety of other campers, other dogs, and the farm animals and wildlife.
- Owners are responsible for responsibly disposing of any dog waste.
- The site does not accept breeds/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act.
ARRIVAL AND CHECK IN
- Please arrive after 11am and before 9pm. If you are unexpectedly delayed on the day of arrival and expect to arrive after 9pm, please advise the site.
- So that we know you have arrived safely, all arrivals should check in at the Reception area for us to welcome you and direct you to the pitching fields.
- There is a notice board on the site which gives site information including daily information on the timings of the daily tractor and trailer rides, any planned entertainment, little shop opening times, food and drink offerings.
- Please familiarize yourself with the site’s fire regulations and fire-fighting equipment and its location as soon as you arrive on site.
- All our pitches are grass pitches, there are no hardstanding pitches on our site.
- Our pitching fields are huge, and pitches are not designated or marked out (except for electrical hook-up pitches and we will direct you to the location). It is almost always possible to camp close to friends or relatives if that is desired.
- For your safety, we operate a “six metre rule” which means that tents (excluding guy ropes) should be 6 metres apart from adjacent units to protect against fire.
MOVEMENT AROUND THE SITE
- For site safety a 5mph speed limit must be always adhered to. Please follow the mapped out driving routes across the fields. Always look out for little people running around…and avoid them!
- Please respect your neighbours by not making unsociable vehicle movements too early or late at night and closing car doors and boots quietly.
- We want all visitors to have a relaxing stay, that is why we ask you to respect quiet hours between 10.30pm and 9am. Radios, music, and TV players must be kept at a low volume.
- Drunken, noisy, or reckless behaviour will not be allowed on the site for the peace and comfort of others. Campers who do not adhere to the rules may be asked to leave with no refunds.
- We often have entertainment in the barn and courtyard area in the evenings, especially the weekends, and as such there will be some noise. There is plenty of space in the fields to pitch away from this area if you wish to enjoy more peaceful surroundings or have younger children.
- Toilets and showers are provided for your use. Please leave them as you would hope to find them.
- Facilities are checked and cleaned regularly, and we have extra cleaning practices taking place due to Covid, but if you find a problem please report it to a member of staff or the reception area.
- Please do not flush anything other than toilet paper down the toilets, please use the additional bins provided. Failure to do so will cause unpleasant blockages and may put the facilities out of action until fixed.
- Please adhere to the signage around the facilities which have been put in place to help keep everyone as safe as possible, especially with regards to the hand-sanitiser stations provided.
- Please leave your litter in the designated area. Please do not fill our bins with unwanted camping gear – take it home and recycle it.
- Our farm is a working farm. There will be animals on the farm and as such – animal smells!
- Please follow any instructions given by a member of the site team, they are there to ensure your safety and everyone else’s.
- We want to keep our younger campers safe, if you are staying with children please make sure they are always supervised, especially around the farm animals and buildings.
- Please be aware of your surroundings, the fields are naturally uneven so please take care walking about the site. The ground can become slippery with weather conditions.
- Please do not use any of the following on site, as they may pose a danger to other campers or the farm animals: firearms, air guns, catapults, bows and arrows and sky lanterns.
STOVES, BARBECUES AND FIREPITS
- Camping stoves and barbecues are permitted but must be raised off the ground and always attended by an adult. Due to the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning, never take a barbecue inside your tent for any reason.
- Fire pits are allowed providing they are raised off the ground. We have 60 fire pits for hire on the site, please ask at Reception if you would like to hire one (subject to availability) for the duration of your stay.
- We sell seasoned firewood and kindling for fire pits and this is delivered to your pitch. We only allow our wood to be used as it is well seasoned which creates less smoke and does not spit sparks.
- Do not tip ashes into hedgerows – ashes can cause fires many hours after the fire has burned through so never tip ashes into undergrowth or onto grass. We ask that you leave ashes in the bowl of the fire pits as they make an excellent ‘bed’ for any further fires. We also have metal disposal bins for ashes if you wish to dispose of them.
- Never put ashes, even if they seem cool, into the waste bins – this is extremely dangerous.
- We reserve the right to ban fire pits if there has been a long period of drought and its deemed unsafe.
DEPARTURE AND CHECKOUT
- So that we can offer all our campers the same welcome as you received, we do ask that your pitch is vacated by 11am.
- Please ensure that you dispose of any rubbish in the designated area before you leave or take it home with you.
- No refunds or discounts are given for inclement weather, late arrivals, or early department.
- The management reserves the right to deny access or terminate the stay of those guests whose behaviour is deemed unsuitable, and no refunds will be offered.
- All persons staying on or visiting the park use the facilities provided entirely at their own risk.
- Throop Hollow Farm cannot accept any liability for loss, damage or accident to persons or property.
- The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
QUERIES OR COMPLAINTS
- We want you to have an enjoyable stay. Should you have any cause for complaint please contact us immediately and we will do our very best to try and resolve your issue.
- If you have any questions or suggestions please don’t hesitate to ask !
Why not Make A Booking now to avoid disappointment..